Wednesday, November 17, 2010

End of the Year...Liturgically speaking

I hope everyone has recovered from the last Missa Cantata and is ready for the next one! Wednesday December 8th at either 6:30 or 7 pm (waiting back from Fr. Reid on the time.) Prior to Fr. Reid scheduling the Missa Cantata, I had scheduled to see my in-laws in Spokane, WA, so I won't get the joy of being there, but I think with everyone's help, it should go smoothly. More details at Monday's training session.

Our ministry has been invited by Fr. Ferguson FSSP to assist as servers in a Solemn High Mass for the Feast of the Holy Family on Sunday January 9th at 4:00 PM in Greensboro at Our Lady of Grace Church. A Solemn High Mass has clerics for the MC position, but we would fill in the rest. We've already done most of the training for it with the Missa Cantata, and the Deacon and Sub-Deacon perform many of the roles our servers usually do in a Missa Cantata. Fr. Reid has given us permission to assist with this Mass, and I will be asking/recuiting for volunteers for positions on Monday.

We are going to have our first ranking ceremony for the Postulants and the servers. I need families to vote on which date would be best for everyone to attend. Fr. Reid has said he would prefer not to have the ceremony after a Missa Cantata, so I'm offering a few choices you can pick on the blog. Info on the tests and requirements for advancement to be provided on Monday.

I've updated the Mass Serving Schedule one the blog, and do not forget to study for the Our Lady of Fatima quiz on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment