Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dig into the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass


There are many times during the Mass when I catch my mind wandering, and I realize that I need to focus on what's going on and why it's happening. I like to refer back to the testimony of Catalina of Bolivia on the Mass. Catalina is a visionary and a interlocutor, someone who receives messages from another and provides them to the public. In this case, Catalina claims to receive messages from our Blessed Mother.

While the Church has not formally recognized Catalina as a true visionary, in 2000, Fr. Daniel Gagnon of the Archdiocese of Mexico's Commission for the Doctrine of Faith has stated that,

"I DO NOT FIND ANYTHING AGAINST THE FAITH OR THE CUSTOMS OF THE CHURCH. IT IS NOT MY FUNCTION TO CONFIRM ITS SUPERNATURAL CHARACTER; NEVERTHELESS, I RECOMMEND IT FOR ITS SPIRITUAL INSPIRATION."

Because of the copyright I will link to the article, and I highly recommend this for the servers because it provides some spiritual insight into how they serve at the altar. Moreover Catalina takes a lot of the doctrine that we cover in the training and presents it in a new "light."

Let me know what you think.

Photo Credit: Martin Beek, Lawrence OP

No comments:

Post a Comment